Monday 7 January 2013

We watched the sun coming up easy, while the rain came a'tumbling down

Hello everybody!
This morning I've been eating grapefruit, doing RE work and revising for english (boo exams boo), all whilst unashamedly listening to Cody Simpson.
I've decided that I've earned myself a little break and so I'm gracing you with my presence this afternoon with two posts! What could be better? This post is about my favourite products that I simply cannot be without.

Don't be fooled by the almost summery theme going on here with the after sun and the sea salt spray. I use these products all year round and I love them.

I always have a bottle of after sun in the bathroom cupboard due to my pale skin and a tendency to burn even in March/April weather, but over the winter months I have been using it as a moisturiser. I use the Garnier Ambre Solaire after sun because it's really lightweight which I love as I hate feeling sticky. Also, the aloe vera in it makes it extra soothing. I put it on after a hot bath to calm my skin and the smell always reminds me of the summer holidays. You can buy it from any leading drug stores (Boots, Superdrug, etc.) and it costs £6.99. What's not to love, eh?

The second product I use all year round is the Lee Stafford Beach Babe sea salt spray. I bought it last Easter after nicking some off of my aunt and falling in love with it. I have long, thick, wavy hair which is perfect to work with this kind of thing and it makes me wonder how I ever coped without it before. I love the texture and shine of my hair after just stepping out of the sea and with this spray I can recreate that look all year round. I simply spray it 10-15 times onto my hair (don't go too heavy near to the roots though, it can make your hair look and feel greasy) after towel drying it and then use my hairdryer to dry the rest of my hair, scrunching it as I go along. It contains extra sunflower oil for shine and a 'ProMineral complex of dead sea salts and 26 minerals'. I am personally a fan of the smell but I am aware that others aren't so much. You can buy it from Boots pharmacy for £7.49.


Finally, I get really dry and cracked lips all year round which is not only painful but also looks really ugly, especially if I want to wear a lipstick. So to chuck to chap I usually use little pots of Vaseline. It soothes my lips and is also useful to put on any blisters or sores on my skin. It's made with petroleum jelly which I'm sure you're probably all aware of and  makes my lips extra soft. I always try to carry one in my school or sports bag or in my pockets. At the moment I am using the cocoa butter pot and I love the smell and the taste of it, but my other favourites are the aloe vera and the rosy lips pots. You can buy at least the original pot at nearly all pharmacies and they are usually priced around £1.99.


You can buy all of the products here! Thank you for reading.

Title song - Coming Up Easy // Paolo Nutini (I've loved him ever since he came to the Aberystwyth Arts Centre and I went to watch him)

Twitter: chloeacrowl
Instagram: chloabella
Email: chloeacrowl@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment